Creating RMA from Backend
RMA can be created from backend in three ways:
Creating RMA from the Grid
The most common way is to create RMA from its dedicated Grid:
- Visit RMA -> RMA Grid and press Add New RMA button.
- You will be prompted for Customer selection. Pick one to open Order selection stage.
- Select Order, for which you need to create RMA.
If Allow RMA for multiple orders option at RMA Policy is set to Yes, you can check multiple orders.
In this case you need to select Create action in Actions menu (see screenshot below), and press Submit button.
- Fields of Customer and Status will be filled automatically. Fill other fields of the General Information section.
- Fill Qty to Return for each item, that should be returned. If Available Qty is greater than 0, item can be returned.
We do not recommend it, but in some cases (for example, when RMA implements Repair policy) you can create more than one RMA for the same item. For that you need to set previous RMA to Rejected status (it should be our pre-defined Status, you can rename it, however, just do not change Code), and move it to Archive. This will make desired item again available for return.
- If you need to make Offline or Mixed RMA, you can use button Add Another Offline Order to add offline part. You need only to enter Order or Receipt number (which acts as order or invoice number) and Returned Item name. Add Another Item button will allow you to enter more than one offline item.
If you need just Offline Order, you still need to select at least one order. Just leave 0 for the items of that order, and fill only offline part.
- Make sure, that Email field is entered. This email is crucial for sending email notifications.
- Save RMA and begin processing it.
Creating RMA from Order Edit Page
It is much simpler to create RMA from Order Edit Page. Our extension adds a dedicated tab there, as shown on screenshot below:
This tab, as you see, displays quantity of already placed RMA on his title. Dedicated Grid at the tab displays all RMA, registered for this order, and provides a shortcut for their Edit Pages.
Create RMA for this order button allows you to quickly create RMA, with already filled Customer and Order data. You need just to set Qty to Return for each item, and other fields - as described above.
Creating RMA from Customer Edit page.
It is also simpler to create RMA from customer. Similar dedicated tab also displays quantity of already placed RMA on his title. Dedicated Grid at the tab displays all RMA, registered for this order, and provides a shortcut for their Edit Pages.
This way, however, will bypass only Customer selection stage. You will need to select order, and then proceed as described in the Creating RMA from the Grid section above.
Your feedback about this content is important.
Let us know what you think.