Guide section contains a everyday guide for all agents, that are responsible of returns. For convenience, it is divided into following sections:
- RMA Management Hub - describes dedicated RMA Grid.
- RMA Basics - describes RMA Edit Page and differences between Regular and Offline Orders.
- Creating RMA from backend - describes, how RMA can be created from backend, and some useful tricks.
- Working with Exchanges - describes, how Exchange shall be performed properly.
- Working with Refunds - describes, how Refunds shall be made.
- Reports - describes reporting feature of RMA extension.
RMA Management Hub
The central place of all RMA is their dedicated grid, where all active (e. q. non-archived) RMA are listed. It is located at RMA -> RMA (archived ones are located at RMA -> Archive).
By default RMA grid has the following columns:
- RMA# - RMA Number. Numbering of RMA can be changed at [RMA Number](/Configuration_Settings/Settings#number) section of Configuration Settings.
- Order# - original order number (or numbers, if Allow RMA for multiple orders from RMA Policy settings is set to Yes).
- Customer Name - name of customer, that had requested RMA.
- Owner - an agent of the store, responsible of the RMA.
- Last Replier - name of person who added the very last message to the RMA.
- Status - current status of the RMA request. Read more in Statuses section.
- Created Date - Date of RMA request creation.
- Last Activity - Time, passed from RMA last activity.
- Items - synthetic field (e. q. gathered on-the-fly), that display short info about returned items and their conditionals.
Warning: If you use third-party extension for grid customization (BL_CustomGrid, for example) do not opt (or unselect, if already opted) for display Items - otherwise there can be unchecked conflict and even extension crush.
From this hub you can process RMA:
- Add New - button on the Grid, that allows backend creation of RMA.
- Edit RMA - each row in the grid is in fact link to corresponding RMA editing page. If for some reason it is not applicable (for example, due to third-party grid enhancing extension), add to the Grid View Link column.
- Change Status - allows to change status of one or more RMA in bulk. Activated from mass-actions menu.
- Archive - allows to move to Archive one or more RMA. Activated from mass-actions menu.
- Delete - allows to delete one or more RMA. Activated from mass-actions menu.
- Export - allows you to export contents of the Grid either to CSV or XML format.
Grid also allows you to perform Global Search and column filtering.
Your feedback about this content is important.
Let us know what you think.