Trigger - is the event or the sequence of events that as a result generates a chain of emails.
Event - is the certain action of a visitor (e.g. log in, registration, placing an order) or action of a system (e.g. change order status, change of the price).
To create a new email trigger, follow these steps:
- Go to Marketing > Follow Up Email > Manage Triggers. Press button Add New Trigger.
- Fill in the fields in the trigger tabs:
- General Information:
- Name - name of trigger.
- Active From
- Active to
- Store View - store view where emails will be sent.
- Event - event which activates the trigger.
- Cancelation Event - event which cancels the trigger.
- Email Chain
Allows you to set and send emails only if the selected conditions are met.
Could be used Customer details, Shopping Cart, Order, Shipping Address, Wishlist conditions.
- Sender Details:
- Sender Email - email for sending emails to customers.
- Sender Name - name for the sender email.
- Send copy to email - email which receives email copies sent from the sender email.
- Google Analytics Campaign:
Allows you to set up Google Analytics tracking.
- Press Save.
- After saving the trigger, you can test a new trigger.