Guide for store agents
In this article you will find:
Overview of RMA Workflow
Processing of a typical RMA is shown on chart below.
It's all started from RMA list.
List of RMAs
Go to the Sales > RMA. You'll see a list of all RMA requests. You can manage RMAs, create a new RMA.
RMA grid has the following default columns (you can add your own - using Columns button):
- RMA# - RMA ID.
- Order# - Order ID.
- Customer Name
- Owner - An agent of the store, who works with the RMA.
- Last Replier - Name of the person who added the message to the RMA last time.
- Status - Status of the RMA request. See also RMA Statuses.
- Created Date - Date of the RMA request creation.
- Last Activity - Time from RMA last activity.
- Items - RMA's items with statuses.
How to process a RMA
Each RMA divided into a several sections, each of them has its own purpose and its own fieldset.
Here is a general view of RMA Edit Page:
- RMA Owner - An agent of the store who works with the RMA.
- Status - Status of the RMA.
- Upload Return Label - Agent can upload a return label (image or PDF). If the RMA has a return label, the customer will be able to print it via their account.
- External Link - Agent can open the current RMA request page on the frontend.
- Return Address - Return address of the RMA. See Return Addresses.
The section contains set of custom fields. See Custom Fields.
The section contains a list of the RMA's items.
- Qty to Return - Quantity of the RMA's item.
- Reason to Return - Reason why the customer would like to return the item. You can create your own Reason to Return.
- Item Condition - Item's condition. You can create your own Condition.
- Resolution - Resolution for the item. You can create your own Resolution.
Click the button Create Exchange Order.
To add new items to the RMA, click the link Show all order items and change the Qty of the necessary items.
This section contains information regarding RMA's customer.
- First Name - Customer First Name.
- Last Name - Customer Last Name.
- Company - Customer company.
- Telephone - Customer telephone.
- Email - Customer Email.
This section contains a list of all RMA messages (status changes, replies of customer or agent).
This section allows store agent to send a message to the customer or add an internal note to the RMA.
- Message Type - Allows you to send one of these message types:
- Message to Customer - Reply will be sent to the customer. Default message type.
- Internal Note - Internal RMA message. Only agents will be able to see it. Customer will not see it and will not receive it by email.
- Insert Quick Response - Allows to you select a predefined answer into the reply field. For more information about Quick Repsonses, go to Quick Responses
To apply changes the agent should press the button Update.
To apply changes and send a message to the customer, the agent should press the button Update And Send Message.
If the RMA has items with the resolution Exchange, the agent can create an exchange order by pressing the button Create Exchange Order.
If the RMA has items with resolution Refund, the agent can create a credit memo by pressing the button Create Credit Memo.